- Mature applicants aged 19 and over
- Applicants who are not currently in secondary school
Mohawk recognizes that life changes people’s directions. That’s why it is NOT necessary for Mature Students to have completed a secondary school diploma to enter a Mohawk College program.
Mohawk welcomes students from many backgrounds:
- Many Mohawk students arrive after being away from school and/or in the labour force for one year or more
- Almost 1/3 of Mohawk students are aged 23 or over, and there are students from every generation.
- Mohawk considers a mature applicant to be anyone 19 years of age or older who is planning to attend a full or part-time program at Mohawk College.
- Adult learners are an important part of our Mohawk community.
- With a variety of work and life experiences, adult learners contribute their valuable perspectives to classroom and training programs, while at the same time obtaining new knowledge and skills.
Due to COVID-19 and the closure of the Mohawk College campus, Mature Applicant Testing will be offered and proctored virtually at this time.
In order to write your test through our virtual proctoring service, you must meet the mandatory requirements:
- Access to a computer or laptop (No tablets or cellphones permitted for testing)
- Stable internet or WIFI
- Quiet space with no disruptions
- Webcam and microphone
Students who do not wish or are unable to write a Mature Applicant Test virtually will be required to wait until the college reopens for testing.