In order to qualify for a Mohawk program, you may be required to take one or more preparatory courses that finish after February 1st. The following steps will help you to proceed with your application. For example, assume you are required to complete a Grade 12 English course or equivalent preparation that begins in the winter and ends in late spring.
Steps to Follow:
- Apply online at Ontario Colleges (opens new window) for the Mohawk program of your choice.
- If you apply online, you will be sent an Ontario Colleges (opens new window) application number electronically. Please record and do not lose this number.
- Register for the preparatory course(s) you need at a college or adult education center. As part of this process, you will receive a receipt or registration form.
- Send a proof of registration form to Ontario Colleges (opens new window)
- We will record your preparatory course registration and continue to consider your application. If you are completing your preparatory course(s) at Mohawk, you are not required to submit a registration form for your preparatory course.
- Have your Mohawk instructor forward a mid-term grade on official school letterhead to the Admissions Office by fax 905-575-2392, or by mail, or in person to the Square, room C102 at Fennell campus. It is your responsibility to ensure that the instructor provides this information.
- Your mid-term grade can be used as a “place holder” and shows that you are completing the prerequisite course(s).
- Based on your mid-term grade(s) (if competitive) you may be given a conditional offer of admission.
- When you successfully complete the preparatory course(s), please ensure that the school forwards a copy of your final grade or a copy of your transcript to Ontario Colleges (opens new window). If you are completing your preparatory course(s) at Mohawk, you are not required to submit a final grade.
- As long as the prerequisite course is successfully completed, the condition will be removed from your offer of admission.*
* For Nursing BScN, please refer to the college calendar or website or contact the Admissions Office for detailed information.