Early Childhood Education (Mississauga Campus - International Only) - 681
- Receive support developing a professional e-portfolio.
- Preplacement course prepares you for entry to field practice.
- Opportunities for specialized placements.
- Strong community partnerships providing volunteer experiences.
What you'll learn
- How to foster the development of the whole child through an understanding of child development and intentional planning.
- Collaborative skills to support children and their families through responsive relationships.
- Observation, pedagogical documentation and reflection of best practices.
- Current legislation and guiding principles of the Early Years System.
- Implement an integrated community approach to engage with children, families and professionals.
2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
- OSSD or equivalent including:
- Grade 12 English C or U or equivalent (70% guideline)
- Volunteer experience in child care recommended
- Attendance at program orientation is strongly recommended
- Applicants should note that some employment opportunities require that certain physical standards must be met as a condition of employment
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Tuition and Fees
2022 - 2023 International Tuition and Fees
Fees have not been established for the first intake in Fall 2023.
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
Total Tuition & Ancillary Fees
Program Compulsory Fees
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$8,705.00||$8,738.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,443.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
- Apply theory to practice through three wide-ranging practicum placements.
- Experience interactive simulations to further develop course concepts
- Explore academic content through field trips and site visits.
- Placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. As such, students shall be expected to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending placement activity. Mohawk shall not be responsible for providing students with transportation to placements within or outside the Mississauga region
- Registered students who have been convicted of an offence under the criminal code for which they have not been pardoned may be denied the opportunity to enter placement
- Students may be required to complete various Immunizations and Disease Screening protocols required by some placement agencies
- Students are on Placement for portions of semesters 2, 3 and 4
Note: Students will be required to complete Community Disease Screening protocol before starting placement.
Become an Agency
If you would like to become an Agency that takes students on placement from Mohawk College's Community Studies programs, please visit the Community Services Field Placements page.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for Early Childhood Education (Mississauga Campus - International Only) (681)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Educator for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-aged children
- Facilitator of Family Support Programs
- Professional Learning Consultant
- Team-teach with an Ontario Certified Teacher
Where you could work includes:
- Childcare centres and early learning agencies
- Parent and child drop-in centres, such as EarlyON centres
- Professional Resource Centres
Opportunities for grads
- Membership to Affiliated Services for Children and Youth.
- Registration to College of Early Childhood Educators (ECE) upon graduation (required for ECE designation).
- Professional membership to Association of Early Childhood Educators.
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
- Child Development Practitioner (Apprenticeship)
- General Arts and Science Certificate (College Transfer)
- Human Services Foundation
- General Arts and Science (University Transfer)
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
- Early Childhood Education - Leadership and Administration
- Educational Support (Intensive)
- Recreation Therapy (Intensive)
- Social Service Worker (Intensive)
- Child and Youth Care
- Autism and Behavioural Science
- Brain Disorders Management
- Community and Social Services Management
- Concurrent Disorders
- Early Childhood Resource Consulting
- Mental Health and Disability Management
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
Earn a degree:
- Athabasca University - Bachelor of Professional Arts in Human Services
- Davenport University - BBA, General Business
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Bring-Your-Own-Device Suggested Specifications
For this program, you will require your own computer. It is recommended that you computer meets the "Best Specification", or greater, as listed on the Student Tech Support Hardware Specifications page.
Components Best Specifications
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Processor||I7 or equivalent processor|
|RAM||8 GB or more of RAM|
|Hard Drive||500 GB or larger Hard Drive|
|USB Port||1 full-size USB port|
|Graphics Card||High-end graphics dedicated video card|
Your computer is required to have a webcam, microphone and speakers (or headphones).
Note: We do not recommend using a MacBook, as software required in this program may not compatible with their operating system, and applications may not behave the same way as they do in Windows. MacBooks may be used however PC Platforms are strongly preferred. Students using MacBooks may need to make a hard-disk partition to allow Windows to run.
Don’t forget to access Mohawk’s purchasing discount if buying online. You can do so by, logging to your MyMohawk account, on the left-hand navigation select Technology Solutions, Computer Store. Use your Mohawk College email to receive an exclusive coupon code.