Community and Social Services Management - 987
- Executive style delivery designed for working professionals.
- Work with industry partners during integrated learning projects.
- Project management structure for the industry.
- Solution-based learning assignments.
- Social entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Opportunity to participate on the Mohawk College Enactus Team
What you'll learn
- Examine and apply market-based strategies to achieve a social purpose.
- Explore key dimensions of the relationships between business, government, and wider society.
- Understand relationships between business, government and society.
- Develop and apply leadership competencies and develop a vision and values-based management approach.
- Social entrepreneurship.
- Corporate responsibility.
1 academic year or less (periods of 8 months)
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2019 - 2020 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$656.63||$635.86|
|Optional Ancillary Fees||$104.43||$44.43|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$3,441.08||$3,360.31|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$6,801.39|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
- An Ontario College Diploma (two-year or longer) or University Degree
- An acceptable combination of related work experience and postsecondary education (as determined by the College)
- Personal computer required. Please see Laptop Requirements under Additional Information.
- Proof of English proficiency for applicants where English is not their first language must be submitted to Ontario Colleges.
If English is not your first language or you have earned the equivalent of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma or post-secondary education outside of Canada, you will be required to provide proof of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
- TOEFL iBT 80, no band less than 20
- TOEFL Paper-based, overall score 550
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment), 70
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic 58
- CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test), overall score 7, no band less than 7
- Completion of level 8 of the General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (GAS-EAP). Placement in the GAS-EAP program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
Where you can go next
- View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for degree completion opportunities outside of Ontario.
- See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Your future career options
- Case Worker
- Supervisor of Community Justice Programs
- Community Development Worker
Where you could work includes:
- Individual and family services
- Civic and social organizations
- Local and municipal public administration
- Retirement and nursing care facilities
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Community and Social Services Management students may use any personal computer of their choice. This program does not have any specific hardware or software requirements that use a large amount of storage.
- stable, high-speed internet
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).