General Arts and Science Diploma (University Transfer) - 208
- Develop essential employability skills such as strong communication, critical thinking, and socio-cultural awareness.
- Customize your schedule with a wide range of electives chosen from your areas of interest delivered in blended and online learning environments.
- Cost-effective and efficient pathway into university studies with up to two years of direct and non-specified university transfer credit into a humanities and social sciences field of study.
- Get a fresh start by upgrading and achieving the entrance-level requirements needed for other competitive college and university programs.
- Earn transfer credits at the university level.
What you'll learn
- Introduction to a wide variety of course options in the humanities and social science disciplines to broaden your understanding of the world around you.
- Critically evaluate global and social issues and topics by demonstrating an understanding of interdisciplinary connections between society, culture, environment, politics, history, etc.
- Gain essential employability skills that will be applicable in both your future career and post-secondary educational aspirations.
- Develop communications competence to a level required by business and a wide variety of other careers/employment.
Who Should Apply
- Unsure about your future? Discover your interests and passion by taking a variety of courses while you work towards your degree.
- Missing admission requirements for a college or university program? Need a fresh start? Obtain your admission requirements, upgrade your academic skills and earn credits toward your future program.
- Looking for a pathway to university? This program prepares students for success at any level, and provides a concrete foundation to succeed at university.
2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
Fast Track - allows students to complete a two-year Diploma program (non co-op) in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the summer.
Explore our many videos, online resources and program options within the Open House Plus website.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2021 - 2022 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Compulsory Ancillary Fees
Compulsory Program Fees
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,185.06||$2,066.09|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,251.15|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2021 - 2022 International Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Total Tuition & Ancillary Fees
Program Compulsory Fees
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$8,545.00||$8,470.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,015.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Domestic and International student admission requirements
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 10 Mathematics, D or P level or equivalent is recommended for students taking Math and Science courses
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**. Students that graduate from any of the following Ontario College Certificate programs are eligible to enroll into the General Arts and Science Diploma (University Transfer) program:
Graduates from the General Arts and Science Diploma (University Transfer) program are eligible to enroll into the following Ontario College Diploma and Ontario College Advanced Diploma programs:
- Early Childhood Education
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Office Administration - Executive
- Office Administration - General
- Office Administration - Health Services
- Office Administration - Legal
- Police Foundations
- Recreation Therapy
- Social Service Worker
- Advertising and Marketing Communications Management
- Child and Youth Care
- Graphic Design
- Massage Therapy
Students and graduates are encouraged to speak to faculty or staff about pathways opportunities.
- Earn a Degree:
- Athabasca University - Bachelor of Professional Arts in Human Services
- Laurier Brantford - Honours Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Studies (opens new window)
- McMaster University - Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences or Humanities
- McMaster University - Honours Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Studies
- Discover more degree completion pathways with Multi-College Pathways (within Ontario)
- See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for transfer opportunities outside of Ontario
View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Your future career options
- Obtaining a postsecondary certificate in General Arts and Science equips you with the essential employability skills that employers are seeking and offers a postsecondary credential that is often a requirement for various fields of employment.
- Graduates of the General Arts and Science program are prepared to pursue careers in every industry. Our students have gone on to become healthcare workers, engineers, entrepreneurs, television broadcasters, researchers, lawyers, and even professors in our program.
Where you could work includes:
- Social Sciences
- Business Administration
- Environmental Studies
- Health Sciences
- Computer Sciences
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for General Arts and Science Diploma (University Transfer) (208)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Learn more about the General Arts and Science program.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541