Steamfitter - 307A
- State-of-the-art facilities
- “Earn while you learn” training model, combining on-the-job and in-school training
- In-school training lead by faculty and staff who are experienced, licensed journeypersons
- You may qualify for income support while in school through Employment Insurance Canada benefits or training allowance
What you'll learn
- Acquire specialized training in hand and power tools, piping materials, supports and appurtenances, and workplace safety.
- Master the skills of plan reading, pipe layout, cutting, grooving, fitting, welding, joining and supports.
- Plan, layout and install piping materials according to plans, specifications and building codes in mainly the industrial-commercial-institutional (ICI) sector.
- Install and repair low and high pressure steam and hot water boiler systems, process piping, gas, refrigeration and air conditioning piping systems.
- Understand the importance of workplace safety, building codes and regulations.
- Build a gratifying career as a qualified journeyperson in the skilled trade of steamfitting.
Thinking about an apprenticeship program? Learn how it works.
Explore our many videos, online resources and program options within the Open House Plus website.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Offers of classroom training are issued by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to registered apprentices who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
How you’ll gain skills
Gain practical hands-on lab experience, using state of the art equipment.
This apprenticeship program consists of 9,000 hours:
- On-the-Job Training Duration: 8,280 hours with your employer
- In-School Training Duration: 720 hours at Mohawk College
- To view the training standard for this trade, visit: https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/training-standards
Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**: Students that graduate from any of the following Ontario College Certificate programs are eligible to enroll into the Steamfitter program:
Must be a registered apprentice with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development, and in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT).
View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Your future career options:
Where you could work includes:
- Construction Companies
- ICI Sectors
- Industrial and Manufacturing Plants
Opportunities for grads:
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes for apprenticeship programs, are defined within the Curriculum Training Standard for each trade, and set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
The Curriculum Standards are developed by the Ontario College of Trades in consultation with representatives from the trade and Training Delivery Agent instructors.
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).