Computer Engineering Technician - 583
Please note: In September 2019, this program, Computer Engineering Technician (583) will be replaced with Computer Engineering Technician - Mechatronic Systems (563)
- Acquire competence in Computer Engineering with both hardware and software skills
- Explore automation and programmable logic controllers, computer networking, and web applications through theory and hands-on practice
- Study curriculum and contents from organizations including IEEE, CompTIA and Cisco Academy, Altera, Siemens and other industrial partners
- Learn about computer hardware and interfacing, Arduino and embedded systems, CAD Systems and internet technologies, electronics and electrical systems, instrumentation and industrial automation
Robotics and systems integration have become the hot topics on all management’s strategic discussions – in all industries. Whether it is a discussion about the telephone systems in an insurance office or the manufacturing of a widget on the shop floor, smart systems integration changes the capabilities and efficiencies of the work environment.
Increasingly, individuals and organizations look to computers, be they stand-alone or networked, to optimize workflow, establish a presence in global markets and improve communication. This pervasive integration of computers and their associated technologies has led to an emergence of job opportunities in the creation, integration and support of technology systems and infrastructures. Computer Engineering Technician will merge together computer networking and electrical engineering to create a Smart Systems Integration hybrid engineering model.
2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 12 Mathematics; MAP4C ≥ 80% or MCT4C; or any U or equivalent*
- Senior Physics SPH4C OR SPH4U recommended
- Options are available for mature applicants.
- Students should have a working knowledge of MS Office and Office Suite prior to starting the program. Computer Skills for College COMP CO002 or equivalent is recommended.
Note: International students must provide an official IELTS or TOEFL result or English Credit from a Canadian secondary school or similar English evaluation. Prior academic credentials must be assessed through an accredited body such as WES.
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Tuition and Fees
2021 - 2022 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Ancillary Fees||$717.02||$653.92|
|Mandatory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,221.51||$2,158.41|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,379.92|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2021 - 2022 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$7,342.97||$7,342.97|
|Program Compulsory Fee Plus Tax||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$7,792.97||$7,717.97|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$15,510.94|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
- Field Service Technician
- Manufacturing Assembler
- Plant Operator
- Electromechanical Technician
- Robotics Technician
- Automation Technician
- Embedded Systems Design and Support
- Mobile and Web App Developer
- Network Design and Installer
- Product Development Specialist
- PC Technicians
- Customer Service Representative
- Technical Sales Representative
- Technical Support Representative
- Computer User Support / Help Desk Technicians
- Systems Testing Technician
- Data communications support
- Technical Call Center Analyst
- Graduates from the Computer Engineering Technician – Robotic and Automation program can expect to find employment a cross section of industries including energy, healthcare, transportation, automotive, manufacturing, food processing, packaging, waste management, and automation.
- Graduates have an opportunity to write the Siemens Mechatronics Level 1 Certification
- Seamless pathway to Computer Engineering Technologyprogram 552 and then onwards to BTech and other degree programs
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
- General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (Domestic)
- General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (International)
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541