The Accessible Learning Services (ALS) team works collaboratively with faculty and college stakeholders to identify and implement strategies to ensure that all students and apprentices have an equal opportunity to achieve their educational goals. Our Team works one on one with students and apprentices to develop appropriate classroom and testing accommodations and offer support at all campuses and partnership locations.
- Promote awareness of disability and self-advocacy
- Assess your academic strengths and challenges
- Teach you skills for studying, note-taking, communication, reading, time management, and organization
- Develop academic accommodations detailed in your Accommodation Letter.
- Provide disability-specific counselling to enhance self-advocacy and independence
- Navigate financial issues specific to the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) and other Financial Assistance programs.
- Assist your transition to the workplace or other post-secondary programs
- Complete a Learning Skills & Assistive Technology assessment, referral, and training
- Assess your need for additional resources and make referrals as necessary. Examples include: Counselling, The Learning Support Centre, Student and Graduate Employment, and Financial Assistance.
Questions? Need to Register with Accessible Learning Services?
Contact als [at] mohawkcollege.ca or phone 905-575-2211.