Are you a Mohawk Apprentice? We're here to support your accommodation needs.
Academic accommodations can be arranged for students and apprentices who register with Accessible Learning Services. Our services are completely confidential and not shared with any third party, including an employer, without consent from the student/apprentice.
How to know if you may benefit from our services
If you are an apprentice who says, 'yes' to one or more of these questions, we may able to help.
- Have you experienced academic challenges in the past?
- Did you have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in highschool?
- Have you accessed additional academic resources in the past, such as extra time on tests?
- Have been identified or diagnosed with a disability?
What we can help you with
After registering with ALS we may be able to help you with:
- Accommodation Planning Support
- Making appropriate referrals for assessment of suspected learning disabilities
- Tutoring and Learning Groups
- Learning Skills & Adaptive technology assessment, referral, and training
- Learning Resources in Alternative Format
- Adaptive Technology Loan (e.g., laptops, digital recorders, scanners)
Accessible Learning Services works with the Ministry to provide accommodations for certification exams such as the Certification of Qualification (CofQ)or the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) exam.
Visit our TSSA and CofQ Frequently asked Questions to learn more. If you are interested in discussing accommodations for a certification exam, email us to meet with an Accessibility Counsellor: als [at] mohawkcollege.ca.
Register with us
Ready to register or want to see what the process looks like? Check out our registration page for all of the details.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us through email als [at] mohawkcollege.ca or phone 905-575-2211.