Project Management - 399
NEW! Complete your Project Management graduate certificate in 2 semesters
- Study in a field that is both highly sought after and relevant to today’s business problems and opportunities.
- Learn from industry-experienced professionals.
- Considered the cornerstone in many organizations, Project Managers are highly sought after in a wide range of industries.
- This program addresses emerging trends in project management through courses in Agile project management
- Upon completion of the first semester of the program, you’ll be eligible to write the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification (an entry-level designation offered by the Project Management Institute, PMI).
What you'll learn
- Use a variety of project management techniques, skills, and knowledge to support improved business outcomes.
- Develop strategies to bridge the gap between business needs and the desired outcome using appropriate project management tools, techniques, and mindset.
- Assess approaches to solving business problems using established evidence-based decision-making techniques. Understand what the project performance data that you are collecting is telling you and how to guide projects to successful completion.
- Use a project management approach to communicate technical and business information to a variety of stakeholders.
- This is a BYOD (Bring your own device) program. See Laptop Requirements under Additional Information.
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
- 2 semesters (14 weeks each)
- Mandatory 7 week capstone course in semester 2
New! Interested in studying two, 1 year programs? Now you can apply once and be admitted into the two programs of your choice. Available for international students only, more information can found on the International Twinning page.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Domestic and International student admission requirements
An Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, or University Degree or an acceptable combination of related work experience and postsecondary education (as determined by the College).
- IELTS Academic overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 88
- CAEL 70, no sub-test band score less than 60
- PTE Academic 58
- Mohawk College English Language Test (Accuplacer: Assessment for Success) aligned with CAEL Band
- Completion of level 8 of the General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (GAS-EAP). Placement in the GAS-EAP program is determined by scores on an in-house English language test or TOEFL or IELTS Academic
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
Tuition and Fees
2022 - 2023 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$796.51||$727.48|
|Compulsory Program Fees||N/A||N/A|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$3,592.17||$3,523.14|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$7,115.31|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2022 - 2023 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,770.00||$8,770.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||N/A||N/A|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$9,220.00||$9,145.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$18,365.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
- Complete a capstone project by applying knowledge and skills acquired throughout your program.
- Experience an interactive and accurate representation of a real-life situation through case studies and simulations.
To learn more, please visit the Centre for Experiential Learning.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Manage project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, quality control needs, and resource requirements as defined by project stakeholders.
- Align management and leadership strategies when working on projects according to internal organizational culture.
- Adapt management style in response to issues that arise when managing projects.
- Facilitate communication, negotiation, and collaboration with all stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Ensure compliance of ethical and professional standards when managing projects.
- Manage relationships and resolve conflict to establish motivation and promote positive organizational change.
- Develop and apply strategies for career and professional development to enhance work performance for self and others.
Your future career options:
- Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- Product Owner
- Operations Analyst
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Software Tester
- Analytics Professional
- Data Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Change Management Specialist
Where you could work includes:
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Financial and Insurance industries
- Health sector
- Government and Public sector
- Business Professional/Consulting
Opportunities for grads
- Project Management Institute (PMI) credential
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification
- Micro-badges through IBM and Cognitive Class.
As indicated in our admission requirements, a mandatory PC laptop program has been implemented. This initiative enhances the student-learning environment and increases student satisfaction, providing each graduate with industry-standard hardware and software that will support you in pursuit of your career goals.