Get Set for Winter OSAP

GET SET WINTER OSAP


As we near the end of the Fall semester, we want to ensure you understand how your OSAP funding will be processed and released for the Winter semester. Please read the important information below regarding your Winter semester OSAP funding.

 

Please be sure to check the important dates and deadlines for the winter:

 

 

Students with an OSAP deferral: The tuition and fee deadline is Tuesday, March 1st regardless of OSAP funding release date.

 

OSAP: Confirmation of Enrollment

 

  • OSAP: Ministry Confirmation of Enrollments (Release of OSAP funding) will begin daily starting on Monday, January 10, 2022.

 

  • Mohawk will process your OSAP confirmation of enrolment provided your application is complete and are enrolled in a full-time course load.

 

Use the instructions below to help ensure your eligible funding is not delayed

 

  • Please ensure all of your required OSAP documents are submitted and approved.
  • Check the status of your application here: OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program | ontario.ca
  • Students are encouraged to submit their OSAP documents before the start of the semester to avoid delays
  • Documents processing can take up to 8 weeks

 

Ensure you have submitted the correct OSAP application based on your course load:

 

  • To be eligible for full-time OSAP students must be enrolled in at least a 60% course load
  • To be eligible for part-time OSAP students must be enrolled in between 20-59% course load
  • Students who have indicated a confirmed permanent disability are eligible for full-time OSAP at a 40% course load
  • Deadline to submit OSAP application: 60 days before the end of your study period.

 

 

OSAP funding will not be released if you have an active/unresolved OSAP restriction on your account
 

  • Please contact Financial Assistance for more information regarding your account
  • Once released the funding will take 5-10 business days to reach you.

 

 

Where Funding is Directed:

 

Once funding is released, Mohawk will redirect funding from your Winter OSAP to pay your outstanding fees and tuition. If the amount of the OSAP installment exceeds the amount owing to Mohawk, the difference will be deposited into the bank account you specified in your OSAP application. If the amount is less than the amount due, you are expected to pay the difference from your own resources.
 

  • Mohawk will begin confirming enrolment on January 10, 2022.
  • 5-10 days after we have confirmed your enrolment, you should receive your funding
  • OSAP is issued in two installments with approximately 60% issued in your first semester and the remaining 40% in your second. If you are starting your studies in January, you will receive 60% of your OSAP funding in the Winter and the remaining 40% in the Spring. If you received OSAP in the Fall and are returning to full-time studies in the Winter, the remaining 40% of your OSAP funding will be released upon your confirmation of enrollment.
  • Your funding is released separately by the Federal and Provincial governments and may be deposited a few days apart. This is normal, so there's no need to worry.
     

 Your Responsibilities:

 

As the recipient of a government student loan, you assume certain responsibilities and obligations. These include:

  1. Read, understand, and adhere to the terms and conditions stipulated in your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA).
  2. Provide personal and financial information in your OSAP application that is, to the best of your knowledge, accurate at the time of completion.
  3. Maintain academic progress.
  4. Notify the Financial Assistance Office immediately if you:
    • reduce your course load
    • change your program of study
    • withdraw from your program
    • have changes in your financial information (Your income is verified by OSAP. Not reporting changes could affect your eligibility for current and/or future funding)
    • have a marital status change
    • decide to attend a different post-secondary institution
    • do not want your student loan funding

      Need money to help you through the Winter semester? Complete the Financial Assistance Profile starting December 1 to be considered for all available Scholarships and Bursaries: mohawkcollege.ca/financialprofile
       
  5. Need help managing your money this semester? Mo’Money can help. For more information on events & workshops, useful links and to book an appointment with a Money Coach, visit us online at mohawkcollege.ca/momoney
     

 

Follow us on social media for the latest financial news, tips and financial literacy resources.

facebook   instagram