Community Integration through Co-operative Education (CICE) - 284
- Individualized program that allows you to experience all aspects of college life.
- Opportunities for personal growth through social engagement.
- Collaborative projects with other program areas.
- Students engage in a core curriculum and some elective option with individualized supports.
- Learning in an inclusive.
- Person-centred environment.
- Participate in integrated courses in other program areas through core courses and academic experience courses.
What you'll learn
- Enhance academic and vocational skills through modified programming to meet your individual needs.
- Strengthen basic numeracy, communications and computer skills.
- Build communication skills.
- Increase technology skills.
- Build independence and advocacy.
- Build on professional and work ready skills.
September Intake - Start 2 academic years (period of 8 months each year)
May Intake - allows students to complete a two-year Certificate program in 16 months.
- Students will start in May and be in school for four continuous semesters: (Spring/Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer)
- Students will not be off during the summer.
Based on the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, Mohawk College will be hosting Open House - ONLINE
Check back for details on how you can see our campuses, hear from faculty and staff, and experience life at Mohawk. In the meantime, explore our website to learn more about programs and services for students, and build your custom viewbook to experience all that Mohawk has to offer.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Connect with an advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-575-2460.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2019 - 2020 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Compulsory Ancillary Fees
Optional Ancillary Fees
Compulsory Program Fees
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,115.10||$2,034.33|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,149.43|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
- An intellectual disability with a demonstrated need for a modified curriculum
- A level of independence that does not require constant support
- Complete an Ontario Colleges application form. Important (Apply before February 1 for September admission or before November 1 for May admission).
- CICE application package will be mailed upon receipt of the Ontario Colleges application.
- Intake package completed fully and returned to CICE program.
- Once CICE receives package applicants will be contacted to arrange a personal interview.
- Program will review application, references and required documentation.
- 2 personal references
- Proof of disability and need for modified curriculum (ODSP assessment, or Psycho-educational assessment or a Doctor’s note with an IEP)
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
How you’ll gain skills
- Experience two unpaid work placements.
- Explore academic content through field trips and site visits.
- Apply cumulative program knowledge through a capstone research project.
- Through a mix of on-campus labs and simulations.
For more information regarding the CICE 126 hour work experience, please contact the job developer, deanna.aikens [at] mohawkcollege.ca (Deanna Aikens).
To learn more, please visit the Centre for Experiential Learning.
- Student build an individualized and comprehensive transition plan upon completion of the program
- Transition plan is goal oriented and focuses on employment, education, independence and recreation
- Students and graduates are encouraged to speak to faculty or staff about pathways
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for Community Integration through Co-operative Education (CICE) (284)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on our programs, student life, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).