Advertising and Marketing Communications Management - 652
- Program is well-recognized by industry professionals locally and nationally.
- Specialize after first year in a creative or business stream.
- Interview industry professionals, tour agencies, participate in mock interviews and build your portfolio.
- Grads from our program can easily find work in advertising agencies of all sizes. You’ll find Mohawk Advertising and Marketing Communications Management grads working in Media Planning and Media Buying, Account Management, Project Management, Print Production, Studio production and assembly, and in Creative Departments as Art Directors and Copywriters.
What you'll learn
- The fundamentals of strategic and conceptual thinking for developing powerful advertising campaigns from start to finish.
- Art direction, copywriting, layout design, basics of photography, graphic design, UX app prototyping and idea generation techniques.
- Account and project management, strategic media planning and execution.
- How to professionally present materials to real clients.
- An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite for photo editing, layout design, and video editing and effects.
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
3 academic years (periods of 8 months)
What makes Mohawk College one of Canada’s top ad schools?
Watch this student-produced video where our faculty and students talk about the program and what sets it above.
Visit Open House Plus, an on-demand, curated collection of videos, interviews and blogs about our programs, student services and supports! Get answers to your questions, watch video greeting from Deans and faculty, stay up-to-date on virtual events and more.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Connect with an advisor by email at email@example.com or phone 905-575-2460.
Fall 2020 program delivery
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
2020 - 2021 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$753.47||$698.20|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,107.51||$2,052.24|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,159.75|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2020 - 2021 International Tuition and Fees
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$7,879.00||$7,935.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$8,329.00||$8,310.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$16,639.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
- Financial Assistance
- View the Additional Information Tab for any additional costs
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Excellent reading and writing skills are recommended
Language Requirements for International Students:
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
How you'll gain skills
- Test and apply course concepts through current software in our computer labs
- Participate in national and international awards competitions.
- Work with real clients in The Agency, Mohawk’s student-run advertising agency.
- Participate in a seven-week field placement.
- Third-year runs for a full fall semester of 14 weeks, followed by a winter semester of seven weeks. After successful completion of all required courses, students complete a mandatory seven week unpaid field placement in their final semester
- Students are responsible for sourcing their own field placement
- The program curriculum is reviewed annually to ensure it continues to meet the needs of employers and graduates
Visit the Advertising and Marketing Communications Management Student Placement Program page for information on the field placement opportunities for this program!
Learn about The Agency
The Agency is an experiential learning facility operating within the McKeil School of Business at Mohawk College. Students from a variety of programs including Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphics and Broadcast Media collaborate in developing real world marketing and communications solutions for selected non-profit organizations and start-up companies in the greater Hamilton area.
All projects with our client/partners are integrated into the curriculum and students are marked on what they do. They work under close faculty supervision as they develop effective marketing communications solutions relevant to meeting clear client objectives.
The program curriculum is reviewed annually to ensure it continues to meet the needs of employers and graduates.
Where you can go next
- Mohawk offers a diverse range of programs to further your studies**:
- Earn a degree:
- Davenport University - Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
- Griffith University - Bachelor of Public Relations and Communications
- Limerick Institute of Technology - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Creative Media and Design
- Robert Gordon University - BA Events Management, BA Media, BA Fashion Management, BA Public, BA International Hospitality Management Relation, BA International Tourism Management
- View our internal pathways map PDF. This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
- Visit Pathways and Credit Transfer for degree completion opportunities outside of Ontario.
- See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Your future career options
- Advertising Strategist
- Account Manager
- Art Director
- Production and Studio Specialist
- Public Relations/Direct Marketing/Web Specialist
- Promotions and Event Specialist
- Community Manager
- Project Manager
- Media Buyer
- Media Strategist
Where you could work includes:
- Advertising Agencies
- Client Side Marketing Departments
- Print, Broadcast or Digital Media
Program of Studies
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541
Do you have a project for our students?
If you or your organization has a marketing communications project that might be suitable for our students, please apply below. We will respond to you as soon as we can. Please note that we do not accept applications made directly to faculty or program coordinators. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors
Student Success Advisors assist current students to transition to college life, co-creating an academic success plan, advice on course selection, changing programs, or referrals to specialized support services. If you need help applying to Mohawk, contact Admissions (for International Students, please contact International Admissions).