Apply for Part-Time OSAP


Part-Time Canada Student Loan

Apply at the Ontario Student Assistance Program's (opens new window) website

Part-Time Canada Student Loan (PTCSL) or most commonly known as Part-Time OSAP provides assistance to students studying on a part-time basis.

To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person
  • You are taking from 20 to 59% of a full course load
  • Your program of study is at the post-secondary level (degree, diploma or certificate program)
  • Your total family gross income falls below the applicable maximum based on your family size.

Part-time OSAP Process

1. Apply online at

2. Upload required documents directly to your OSAP account  
At the end of your application, upload all required documents to your OSAP account including proof of income. You will need to upload all four pages of your Notice of Assessment (NOA) provided by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) to meet this requirement. 

3. Receive your assessment 
When your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail noting your PT OSAP assessment and to let you know your loan is ready.

4. Mohawk will confirm your enrolment to release your funding     
Financial Assistance will confirm your enrolment electronically and your funding will be released via online disbursement. Funding will be directed to cover any outstanding balance on your Mohawk student account and the remaining funding (if any) will be directed to your bank account. Part-time paper loan certificates will no longer be required to receive funding.

5. Make sure your fees are paid   
Check your MyMohawk account to make sure your OSAP shows up and to ensure your fees are paid by the deadline.*IMPORTANT* You must re-apply for part-time OSAP each semester (i.e. fall, winter, and spring/summer as semester requires a new application).

Review deadline: Financial Assistance must receive any review request no later than 40 days before the end of your study period.

For more information, visit the OSAP (opens new window) website.