Educational Support - 747
- Graduates are in high demand in all area school boards and many are hired upon graduation.
- Work in inclusive or specialized classrooms to maximize student learning.
What you'll learn
- Understand the role of an educational assistant on a school team.
- Develop skills to work with and support students with exceptionalities across a variety of settings - elementary, high school and college.
- Assist students with academics, behaviour, life skills and personal care in a school or alternative setting.
- Utilize technology and implement strategies to maximize student learning and success, an IPad is required to use the many Education Apps available.
2 academic years (4 semesters)
Fast Track - allows students to complete the two-year (4 semester), ES Diploma program in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will be in class during the summer.
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent (70% guideline)
- Attendance at program orientation is strongly recommended
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) - you will require a mobile device that meets the specifications determined by the program (See Additional Information for more details)Applicants should note that some employment opportunities require that certain physical standards must be met as a condition of employment
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Options are available for mature applicants.
Tuition and Fees
2021 - 2022 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$831.02||$712.05|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,185.06||$2,066.09|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,251.15|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2021 - 2022 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,095.00||$8,095.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$0.00||$0.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$8,545.00||$8,470.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,015.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you’ll gain skills
- Transfer theory to practice in field placement experiences.
- Three 20-day placements in elementary, secondary and special class environments in various school boards.
- Test and apply course concepts using educational technology in our labs.
- Field placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. As such, students shall be expected to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending field placement activity. Mohawk shall not be responsible for providing students with transportation to field placements
- Registered students who have been convicted of an offence under the criminal code for which they have not been pardoned may be denied the opportunity to enter field placement
Become an Agency
If you would like to become an Agency that takes students on placement from Mohawk College's Community Studies programs, please visit the Community Services Field Placements page.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Educational Assistant
- Learning Facilitator
Where you could work includes:
- School Boards
- Private Schools
- Community Facilities offering Special Education
- College and Postsecondary Programs
Opportunities for grads
- Work within a unionized environment
- Each union is unique with the Board of Education that it represents
- Opportunities for a graduate to register with their local union when they become an Educational Assistant.
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
- Early Childhood Education (Intensive)
- Social Service Worker (Intensive)
- Recreation Therapy (Intensive)
- Child and Youth Care
- Autism and Behavioural Science
- Brain Disorders Management
- Concurrent Disorders
- Mental Health and Disability Management
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
- Earn a degree:
- Davenport University - Bachelor of Business Administration
See ONTransfer for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
Minimum iPad Requirements
iPads are required to be used in this program.
Mohawk College makes every effort to keep all our educational costs to a minimum, these costs are subject to change. Additional costs may apply.
For iPad questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541