Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas - 340
- Mohawk's blended learning design allows for flexible scheduling and independent learning opportunities.
A focus on the fundamentals in math, science, and communications provides a well-rounded experience that can maximize your opportunities for further study.
What you'll learn
- Gain valuable knowledge and skills in biology, chemistry, physics, math and English.
- Explore your career options in the health field.
1 academic year (period of 8 months)
We're here to help
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
Learn about program delivery terms.
Domestic and International student admission requirements
- OSSD or equivalent or mature student status including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U equivalent
Note: The Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas program can not be used as a route to apply to the Mohawk/McMaster BScN program. Students interested in pursuing a BScN degree should apply to the Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Diplomas and Degrees program. Pre-Health does not lead to the Mohawk/McMaster Medical Radiation Sciences Collaborative degree program.
Language Requirements for Applicants with English as a Second Language
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
- Successful completion of the GAS-English for Academic Purposes (478 or 278) program
- TOEFL minimum score of 550 (80 Internet based)
- or IELTS Academic minimum score of 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5
- More information about acceptable certificates, can be found on the International Admission Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Tuition and Fees
2023 - 2024 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
Compulsory Ancillary Fees
Compulsory Program Fees
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,218.64||$2,112.50|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,331.14|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Full Cost Breakdown
- Explore payment options
- Book costs for your program can be found through the Campus Store
2023 - 2024 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
Total Tuition & Ancillary Fees
Program Compulsory Fees
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$8,805.00||$8,730.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,535.00|
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
When it comes to paying for your education, investing in your future can be more affordable than you think. A Mohawk education is one of the most cost-effective means of acquiring the skills and knowledge you need to have a prosperous and rewarding career.
As you start on your chosen career path, it's important to have a realistic set of expectations regarding the expenses associated with attending college. In addition to your tuition fees, you will also need to budget for books, supplies, housing, and other related living expenses. You may be able to supplement your income and savings with scholarships, bursaries, or loans. It pays to do some research into what types of financial assistance you may qualify for.
Available Financial Assistance Resources:
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program - OSAP (domestic students only)
- Working on Campus
- Additional Sources of Funding
- Financial Assistance Home Page
Apply for Awards:
By submitting a Scholarships and Bursaries Application every semester, students have access to over $3 million in Mohawk College scholarships, bursaries and Ministry-partnered funding to help meet their financial needs.
Financial Literacy and Money Coaching:
Whether saving for school, sticking to a budget, or planning for a major purchase, financial literacy affects us all. That's why Mo' Money is committed to helping our students improve their money skills and become more confident with their money.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas (340)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- The pre-health sciences program is designed to provide you with an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to be successfully admitted into a health-related certificate or diploma program.
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
- Community Pharmacy Assistant
- Personal Support Worker
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Recreation Therapy
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Massage Therapy
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
- After completion of the Pre-Health program, you will be eligible to apply to Mohawk College Registered Practical Nursing program, as well as many other Health Sciences diploma programs, and many health programs at other Ontario colleges
- After completion of the Pre-Health program, you are eligible to continue your studies towards a General Arts and Sciences Diploma, as a pathway to university
- If you have previous university degree credit(s), you ARE NOT eligible to use Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas as a route to apply to the Mohawk McMaster BScN program. The Pre-Health program DOES NOT lead to the Mohawk - McMaster Medical Radiation Sciences Collaborative Degree program.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541