Cardiovascular Technology - 728
- State-of-the-art-lab facilities.
- Cardiovascular Technology program is an accredited program with Accreditation Canada’s EQual program.
What you'll learn
- The Cardiovascular Technology program outcomes meet the competencies outlined in the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists National Competency profile (CSCT NCP). Visit the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists to learn more.
- How to perform cardiovascular tests such as electrocardiography, Holter monitoring, exercise stress testing, pacemaker/cardiac device follow-up, ambulatory BP monitoring and ECG event/ loop monitoring.
Virtual 360° CVT Lab
2 academic years
View the Exceptions Calendar for start dates and semester break information.
Discover the Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster
The Institute for Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) is located in West Hamilton on the McMaster campus. The IAHS campus is where the majority (but not all) of our health programs are taught. Learn more about the IAHS:
We're here to help
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Learn about program delivery terms.
Equal Consideration Fall: February 1
Equal Consideration Winter: June 1
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 12 Mathematics for College Technology (MCT4C) or any U level
- Grade 11 or 12 Physics, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 11 or 12 Biology, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 11 or 12 Chemistry, C or U or equivalent
Language Requirements for Applicants with English as a Second Language
- See below for accepted equivalents for Grade 12 English:
- Successful completion of the GAS-English for Academic Purposes (478 or 278) program
- TOEFL minimum score of 550 (80 Internet based)
- or IELTS Academic minimum score of 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5
- More information about acceptable certificates, can be found on the International Admission Requirements
Tuition and Fees
2023 - 2024 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Compulsory Ancillary Fees||$864.60||$758.46||$605.12|
|Compulsory Program Fees||$113.00||$0.00||$86.00|
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,030.74||$1,811.60||$1,292.92|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$5,135.26|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Full Cost Breakdown
- Explore payment options
- Book costs for your program can be found through the McMaster Campus Store
2023 - 2024 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Total Tuition & Ancillary Fee||$8,355.00||$8,355.00||$8,355.00|
|Program Compulsory Fees||$113.00||$0.00||$86.00|
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00||$375.00|
|Total International Per Semester||$8,918.00||$8,730.00||$8,816.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$26,464.00|
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
When it comes to paying for your education, investing in your future can be more affordable than you think. A Mohawk education is one of the most cost-effective means of acquiring the skills and knowledge you need to have a prosperous and rewarding career.
As you start on your chosen career path, it's important to have a realistic set of expectations regarding the expenses associated with attending college. In addition to your tuition fees, you will also need to budget for books, supplies, housing, and other related living expenses. You may be able to supplement your income and savings with scholarships, bursaries, or loans. It pays to do some research into what types of financial assistance you may qualify for.
Available Financial Assistance Resources:
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program - OSAP (domestic students only)
- Working on Campus
- Additional Sources of Funding
- Financial Assistance Home Page
Apply for Awards:
By submitting a Scholarships and Bursaries Application every semester, students have access to over $3 million in Mohawk College scholarships, bursaries and Ministry-partnered funding to help meet their financial needs.
Financial Literacy and Money Coaching:
Whether saving for school, sticking to a budget, or planning for a major purchase, financial literacy affects us all. That's why Mo' Money is committed to helping our students improve their money skills and become more confident with their money.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
How you'll gain skills
- Through extensive hands-on training during skills courses.
- Clinical training at affiliated hospitals and clinics, during two eight-week unpaid clinical placements, the first in the summer semester of year 1 (semester 3) and the second in the final semester (semester 5).
- Through a mix of on-campus labs and simulations.
All accepted applicants are required to complete certain requirements prior to clinical placement and are responsible for the associated costs. Details about pre-placement requirements will be emailed to you once you accept your offer of admission.
To be eligible for field/clinical placement, you must not have been convicted of any offence for which you have not been pardoned. If your Police Check is 'not clear', your acceptance and suitability for placement is at the discretion of the agency. Mohawk College cannot guarantee placement changes if refused by the agency.
Clinical experience is provided in health care agencies throughout Ontario.
Clinical placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. Students should expect to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending clinical placements.
For more information regarding the 600 hour Cardiovascular Technology clinical placement, please contact christine.portwood [at] mohawkcollege.ca (subject: Clinical%20Placement%20Inquiry, body: Hello%20Christine%2C%0A) (the clinical placement specialist.)
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- Cardiology Technologist
- Pacemaker/Cardiac Device Technologist
- Electrophysiology Technologist
- Clinical Application/Procedure Specialist
Where you could work includes:
- Community and Teaching Hospitals
- Ambulatory Health Care Services
- Private Cardiology and Diagnostic Centres
- Cardiac Device/EP Industry
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Centres
- Cardiac Diagnostic Equipment Companies (in Sales or Technical Support)
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
- Canadian Health Care for Foreign Trained Professionals (International Only)
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathways to Certificates and Diplomas
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
Earn a degree:
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
The Cardiovascular Technology program outcomes of the Cardiovascular Technology program meet the competencies outlined in the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists National Competency profile (CSCT NCP). Visit the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists to learn more.
The Cardiovascular Technology health professions are intellectually, emotionally and physically demanding. It is important that applicants become familiar with the profession before entering the program so that they are able to function at an acceptable standard. Learn about the functional requirements and physical demands for Cardiology Technologists (NOC 3217).
All students will be required to act as simulated patients for their peers in skills course labs and during skills practice sessions.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541