Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees - 339
- Mohawk's blended learning design allows for flexible scheduling and independent learning opportunities.
A focus on the fundamentals in math, science, and communications provides a well-rounded experience that can maximize your opportunities for further study.
What you'll learn
- Gain valuable knowledge and skills in biology, chemistry, physics, math and English.
- Explore your career options in the health field.
1 academic year (period of 8 months)
We’re here for you to support applications and admissions by providing online and virtual service.
Applied and have questions?
The admissions team is available to help, you can contact them via Admissions or by phone at 1-844-767-6871.
Haven’t applied and need help?
Contact us or phone 905-575-2460.
Take a virtual campus tour!
Explore Mohawk College from the comfort of home! Our virtual campus tours provide a guided visit of our buildings, labs, services, classrooms and athletic and recreation centre.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 11 Mathematics, C, M or U or equivalent
- Senior Chemistry recommended
Note: If you have previous university degree credit(s), you are not eligible to use Pre-Health as a route to apply to the Mohawk - McMaster BScN program.
The Pre-Health program does not lead to the Mohawk - McMaster Medical Radiation Sciences Collaborative degree program.
Tuition and Fees
2022 - 2023 Domestic Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
Compulsory Ancillary Fees
Compulsory Program Fees
|Total Domestic Charges Per Semester||$2,200.49||$2,081.52|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$4,282.01|
Above fees based on full-time September program start date. Contact Student Services to confirm fees for other start dates or semesters.
- Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP Eligible. Learn about Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).
- Full Cost Breakdown
2022 - 2023 International Tuition and Fees
|Description||Semester 1||Semester 2|
Total Tuition & Ancillary Fees
Program Compulsory Fees
|International Tax Recovery||$450.00||$375.00|
|Total International Charges Per Semester||$8,705.00||$8,630.00|
|Total 1st Year Fees||$17,335.00|
- International Scholarships and Bursaries
- OSAP not eligible for International Students
- Full Cost Breakdown
If you pay by wire transfer, please note your bank might charge you a fee to transfer money. Make sure your transfer includes the Mohawk payment and the wire transfer fee. This applies to each wire transfer payment you make.
Course Overview & Descriptions
Click on the course title for a course description.
Program Learning Outcomes, often referred to as ‘Program Standards', set out the essential learning that a student must achieve before being deemed ready to graduate.
- Review the program learning outcomes for Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees (339)
In many cases these program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) in consultation with employers and educators who are experts in the program field. To ensure the outcomes remain current and in line with industry needs, we invite our employers, graduates working in the field and current students to re-examine and update them during regular, ongoing program review focus groups.
Your future career options
- The pre-health sciences program is designed to provide you with an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to be successfully admitted into a health-related diploma or degree program.
Pathways to Mohawk
If you've successfully taken a course at another post-secondary institution, you may be able to earn course exemptions toward your credential here at Mohawk.
Pathways within Mohawk
If you have successfully completed one of the following programs at Mohawk, you may be eligible to receive transfer credit in this program. *
We offer a diverse range of programs to further your studies within Mohawk following completion of this program. *
- Community Pharmacy Assistant
- Personal Support Worker
- Biotechnology (Health)
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Recreation Therapy
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Massage Therapy
- Nursing (BScN)
This Pathways map shows how the identified program can lead to future program choices within Mohawk.
Pathways beyond Mohawk
Earn a degree:
- Wilfrid Laurier University (Brantford) - BASc in Public Health
- Queen's University - Bachelor of Health Science
See ontransfer.ca for additional opportunities at other colleges or universities in Ontario.
Search the Mohawk Transfer Database for opportunities outside of Ontario.
- You must maintain a minimum 75% average in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and English to be eligible to apply into the Mohawk-McMaster BScN Collaborative Nursing Degree program. As it is an oversubscribed program, more students apply than are accepted
- After completion of the Pre-Health program, you will be eligible to apply to Health Sciences diploma programs and many health programs at other Ontario colleges and universities
- After completion of the Pre-Health program, you will be eligible to continue your studies towards a General Arts and Sciences Diploma, as a pathway to university
- If you have previous university degree credit(s), you ARE NOT eligible to use Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees as a route to apply to the Mohawk McMaster BScN program. The Pre-Health program DOES NOT lead to the Mohawk - McMaster Medical Radiation Sciences Collaborative Degree program.
Domestic Canadian Students
Contact Student Recruitment
Haven’t applied yet and have questions?
Contact our Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and more.
Contact our Admissions advisors for help with your application.
Contact International Student Recruitment
Contact our International Student Recruitment team for information on programs, how to apply, and student life.
Toll free phone numbers:
For general questions: 1-888-Mohawk9 (1-888-664-2959)
North China: 10-800-714-2521
South China: 10-800-140-2541