You've been accepted! Find out all the steps to get ready to start your studies at Mohawk College.
Important Information for Students (International and Canadian) Arriving from Outside Canada
All students travelling to Mohawk College from outside of Canada are required to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and receive a COVID test during that time.
Where Mohawk College becomes aware of any compliance issues within the 14-day mandatory self-isolation period; and/or any cases of COVID-19 infection during the 14-day mandatory quarantine period, we will coordinate with Public Health Authorities and other local authorities where necessary.
- All air travellers, with some exceptions, will be required to take a COVID-19 molecular test when they arrive in Canada before exiting the airport in addition to another toward the end of their 14-day quarantine period. This is in addition to the mandatory COVID-19 test result that must be provided to the airline before boarding a flight from another country into Canada, based on a PCR test taken 72 hours prior to departure.
- Air travellers will also be required to reserve prior to departure to Canada, a 3-night stay in a government-authorized hotel. Travellers will be required to stay at their reserved hotel for up to 3 nights, at their own cost, while they await the results of their arrival test. Hotel booking information is available online. Travellers will need to book a hotel in the city in which they first arrive in Canada. It is up to the traveller to choose where they wish to stay, book in advance of departure and pay the cost of the hotel to the hotel directly. The price will include costs associated with the room, food, cleaning, infection prevention and control measures, and security as well as transportation. Note: this MUST be booked prior to departure for Canada, proof of which must be shown upon arrival at the airport in Canada.
- If travelers receive a negative result on their arrival test, they will be able to take a connecting flight to their final destination and/or move to the location of the remainder of their 14-day quarantine. See the Entering Canada page for information about Mohawk’s Quarantine Packages, available for day 4 through 14 of quarantine.
- All travellers, whether arriving by land or air will be required to submit their travel and contact information, including a suitable quarantine plan, electronically via ArriveCAN before crossing the border or boarding a flight.
- Review the Entering Canada page for further details.
Step 1: Download the Mandatory iCent App
Get prepared to come to Canada and study at Mohawk College with the iCent app! The app is mandatory for all international students - be sure to download it before you plan your start at Mohawk. Important messaging and information will be sent directly to you via this app.
Step 2: Review and Follow the Get Ready to Start Checklist
After downloading iCent, review the Get Ready to Start Checklist to ensure that you are prepared for your classes.