You will find many on-campus dining options from coffee shops to quick lunch spots to full service restaurants. For the full list of on campus restaurants check out our Dine on Campus pages.
Hamilton offers an internationally diverse selection of great dining options that are easily found through an Internet search. A great way to explore dining options in Hamilton can be found on Tourism Hamilton’s what to do - restaurants page.
Eastern Food Mart
Tony’s No Frills
For a list of Hamilton area pharmacies check Healthline.
General Retail Areas and Malls
Lime Ridge Mall
Mountain Plaza Mall
From the annual SuperCrawl music and art festival that attracts over 200,000 people every year to a thriving music scene, Hamilton offers a vibrant array of activities and cultural events. As well, Hamilton offers movie theatres, concert and theatre venues, sports teams and much more. It’s easy to find out what’s going on in Hamilton through an online search. Hamilton’s main newspaper, the Hamilton Spectator, maintains a helpful current calendar of events and activities in the area.
Things to do around Hamilton: For a look at cultural, historical and other interesting places to visit in the Hamilton area, visit tourismhamilton.com.
At Mohawk & Mohawk International
On campus, there are regular and special events aimed at drawing people together and offering great experiences, opportunities to make new friends and to experience different cultures.
Athletics and Recreation
There is a healthy range of sport and fitness activities available through Mohawk College. From our David Braley Athletics and Recreation Centre (DBARC) to the 13 Varsity sport teams we offer and wide selection of fun-and-fitness-for-all Intramural programs. All the sport and fitness details can be found on our Athletics Pages.
For easy access, the following are some of the transportation service providers that you will find useful:
- Transportation from the Pearson airport to Hamilton: Mohawk College partners with Airways Transit to get you to/from Toronto Pearson International Airport and your local area destination (approximate travel time is one hour and fifteen minutes). Please go to Airways Transit Mohawk (opens new window) to make a reservation for your airport shuttle (note: there is a fee for this service.) Once you have completed and submitted the reservation online, you will receive an email from Airways Transit with your confirmation and further details. If you are travelling together with 2 or more passengers on the same reservation (one pickup/ drop off address), you will receive a group fare which will be adjusted upon receiving your confirmation. Visit Fare Calculator (opens new window) to view group fare pricing. Online reservations must be booked using a credit card number and will be billed the day before travel. If you do not have access to a credit card and would like to inquire about other options, please call Airways Transit directly at 905-689-4460.
- Local Bus Service – Hamilton Street Railway (HSR): Each semester, Mohawk College full time students will receive a 4-month bus pass for the HSR. This pass is included in the cost of your tuition. You will receive your HSR sticker when you get your ONE Card. See more information about bus routes from each campus.
- Taxi Services:
- Hamilton Cab: 905-777-7777
- Blue Line Taxi: 905-525-2583 or 905-525-BLUE
- UBER or LYFT Service (download the app)
- Long Distance Bus Service: For transportation between Hamilton and surrounding areas, see the GO Bus page. For longer routes (out of province, etc.) visit the Greyhound bus service website.
- Train Service: VIA Rail Canada
- Hamilton International Airport
- Bicycle Rentals: Mohawk College lends out bicycles for 3 day loans. You may also park or repair your bike at Mohawk College.
Getting a Driver's License
As an international student, you can be licensed to drive in Canada. Obtaining car insurance is a requirement. Please review the Ontario Government’s rules for visitors to Drive in Ontario.
Phone Use in Canada
If you are bringing a mobile phone from home, you may be able to use it here by simply purchasing a SIM card from a local Canadian carrier. (Note: there may be some phone technology that is compatible with Canadian networks.) At our Fennell campus, an independent phone retailer called Mobé Lease Wireless is one convenient place to get all your mobility questions answered. Mobé Lease offers convenient leased phones for short-term use. Plus, Mobé Lease waives the normal SIM activation fee for international students! Find out more about Mobé Lease
Phones in Canada